Agbiz Grain has developed learning material for the following qualification:
SAQA ID: 14873
Title: National Diploma: Grain Handling Management
Grain Depot Manager Occupational Qualification
Grain Grader - Part qualification (accommodated in Grain Depot Manager)
- The curriculum for the occupational qualification for the Grain Depot Manager has been finalised by the grain handling industry and will replace the SAQA registered qualification once the QCTO has approved the re-alignment.
- This qualification can be run as a learnership which will provide access to funding from the Agriseta.
- The historical Grain Handling Controller Occupational qualification was realigned and then changed to the Grain Depot Manager Occupational Qualification. Training providers may now use the training material, as developed for the Grain Depot Manager, to train learners on the National Diploma: Grain Handling Management.
- Once the occupational qualification for the Grain Depot Manager has been successfully re-aligned, the process of establishing registered workplaces and assessment centres can commence. This will be done in conjunction with the Agriseta and the process is yet to be determined by them. Agbiz Grain will provide guidance once agreement has been reached on a process that is practical and cost effective to the industry. User Guides can thus not be compiled yet because there are currently no guidelines within Agriseta for the accreditation of Assessment Centres or Workplaces.
- The application forms available on the Agbiz Grain website are for use by training providers to have them accredited at the respective institutions.
- Current training providers are already accredited at Agriseta and have been notified by Agbiz Grain to apply to the Agriseta for an extension of scope.
Process Flow - Grain Depot Manager
Step 1: The training provider applies for Extension of Scope at Agriseta to deliver the qualification.
Step 2: Once the training provider is accredited for the qualification, they can start marketing the qualification at the various Grain Businesses
Step 3: Each training provider has their unique training model and delivery and they will communicate with their clients in terms of how the training will be delivered.
Step 4: Once the training is concluded, the training provider will apply to the Agriseta to exit their learners.
Step 5: The Seta will, in conjunction with SAQA, issue a National Diploma.